GreenGold operates in the “pretending to give a crap about the environment now please give us your money” MLM niche.
The company represents it is headed up by “eco-entrepreneur Mr. Adam Durand and with the help of partners”.
Adam Durand, as represented by GreenGold, doesn’t exist outside of GreenGold’s marketing material.
Durand’s personal Facebook profile was created in January 2021. The account was created solely to promote GreenGold.
What struck me as remarkably odd is that in a GreenGold marketing video featuring Durand, he claims he was born in Finland but moved to the US at age sixteen.
Yet Durand has a distinctly South American accent.
With a bit more poking around I was able to establish the actor playing Adam Durand is Danilo Ferraz.
Brazil fits with GreenGold’s marketing videos looking like they were shot in a rainforest.
Ferraz might have been headhunted by whoever is actually running GreenGold because of his past participation in climate change events.
Setting up an actor to represent a company and shooting fake corporate marketing video is typically the calling card of Russian scammers.
Supporting this is the narrator of GreenGold’s marketing videos having a thick eastern European accent.
Not a 100% guarantee Russians are behind GreenGold but pretty conclusive (if it walks like a Boris, drinks vodka like a Boris and talks like a Boris etc.).
What I can confirm with absolute certainty is that GreenGold is not being operated out of Finland, as the company represents in its marketing material:
Alexa traffic estimates reveal GreenGold is currently being promoted in Angola (60%), the US (4%) and South Africa (3%).
As always, if an MLM company is not openly upfront about who is running or owns it, think long and hard about joining and/or handing over any money.
GreenGold has no retailable products or services, with affiliates only able to market GreenGold affiliate membership itself.
GreenGold’s Compensation Plan
GreenGold affiliates invest bitcoin on the promise of a 0.3% to 3% daily return.
There are six GreenGold investment tiers (investment is made in bitcoin but quoted in USD):
- Eco25 – $25
- Eco50 – $50
- Eco100 – $100
- Eco250 – $250
- Eco500 – $500
- Eco1000 – $1000
GreenGold represents that daily returns will be paid for at least twelve years.
The rest of GreenGold’s compensation plan revolves around recruitment of GreenGold affiliates.
Note that GreenGold slaps a 9% withdrawal commission if affiliates opt to withdraw returns and commissions daily.
GreenGold pays a 15% referral commission on bitcoin invested by personally recruited affiliates.
GreenGold pays residual commissions via a binary compensation structure.
A binary compensation structure places an affiliate at the top of a binary team, split into two sides (left and right):
The first level of the binary team houses two positions. The second level of the binary team is generated by splitting these first two positions into another two positions each (4 positions).
Subsequent levels of the binary team are generated as required, with each new level housing twice as many positions as the previous level.
Positions in the binary team are filled via direct and indirect recruitment of affiliates. Note there is no limit to how deep a binary team can grow.
At the end of each day GreenGold tallies up new investment volume on both sides of the binary team.
A 10% residual commission is paid on funds invested on the weaker binary team side.
Note that GreenGold caps daily residual commission earnings based on how much an affiliate has invested:
- Eco25 tier affiliates can earn up to $50 a day
- Eco50 tier affiliates can earn up to $100 a day
- Eco100 tier affiliates can earn up to $200 a day
- Eco250 tier affiliates can earn up to $500 a day
- Eco500 tier affiliates can earn up to $1000 a day
- Eco1000 tier affiliates can earn up to $2500 a day
Once weaker side binary volume is paid out on, it is matched against the stronger binary team side and flushed.
Any leftover volume on the stronger binary team side carries over.
Rank Achievement Bonuses
Upon meeting rank-based qualification criteria, GreenGold rewards affiliates with the following Rank Achievement Bonuses:
- generate $2500 in accumulated weaker binary team side investment volume = $50 bonus
- generate $10,000 in accumulated weaker binary team side investment volume = $150 bonus
- generate $30,000 in accumulated weaker binary team side investment volume = $450 bonus
- generate $60,000 in accumulated weaker binary team side investment volume = $1000 bonus
- generate $100,000 in accumulated weaker binary team side investment volume = $2000 bonus
- generate $300,000 in accumulated weaker binary team side investment volume = $5000 bonus
- generate $800,000 in accumulated weaker binary team side investment volume = $12,000 bonus
- generate $2,000,000 in accumulated weaker binary team side investment volume = $30,000 bonus
- generate $5,000,000 in accumulated weaker binary team side investment volume = $75,000 bonus
- generate $10,000,000 in accumulated weaker binary team side investment volume = $150,000 bonus
- generate $30,000,000 in accumulated weaker binary team side investment volume = 8.5 BTC bonus
- generate $100,000,000 in accumulated weaker binary team side investment volume = 35 BTC
GreenGold affiliate membership is tied to an initial $25 to $1000 investment in bitcoin.
The more a GreenGold affiliate invests the higher their income potential.
GreenGold represents it generates external revenue via selling wood and carbon credits.
No evidence of GreenGold participating in these activities or generating any other kind of external revenue is provided.
Not withstanding neither selling wood or carbon credits equates to a daily return that can be passed on to investors.
And that prospect becomes even more absurd upon considerations of GreenGold soliciting investment in bitcoin.
GreenGold, despite marketing a passive investment opportunity, is also not registered to offer securities in any jurisdiction.
This means that at a minimum the company is committing securities fraud.
The reason GreenGold is committing securities fraud is because in reality it’s a Ponzi scheme.
GreenGold has no verifiable source of revenue other than new investment.
Using new investment to pay affiliates a daily return makes GreenGold a Ponzi scheme.
As with all MLM Ponzi schemes, once affiliate recruitment dries up so too will new investment.
This will starve GreenGold of ROI revenue, eventually prompting a collapse.
The math behind Ponzi schemes guarantees that when they collapse, the majority of participants lose money.